Way back in '89 I called upon a bunch of my college friends to get together and make the most awesome public access show San Antonio has ever seen. 2 dudes showed up. But we did it. And this Blog looks back at the skits we loved to make so much.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006



Teen Club Auditions

This is one of my favorites as well...

Origin:
Back in the day Fox 35 started up a teen club called "Express Yourself" for which they held auditions and we LOVE taking stuff from work and makin' fun of it. So we decided to go for it. The ironic thing is I was actually Producing/Directing "Express Yourself" at the time and had to reassure the kids it wasn't directed at them.

Doppel Facts:
Once again, We make a play on words right at the top. The cities that Rob and I claim we are from are actually medical terms. "Angulation" is the term used when someone fractures their penis and "clean catch" is a technique women use for giving a urine sample. So there you have it. Intellectual pee pee jokes.

Immediately after we shot my "striptease", the segment was cut together and the tape promptly erased at my insistence (well, Dave and Rob did make me chase for it a little bit). The last thing I needed was video of me in a speedo (yeah, I was clothed in the studio...Freak!) floating around the office.

My Favorites:
I'm always surprised when Rob falls in front of the camera after being shot and then I start giggling like a little school girl.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Bajeezus! It's you! IT'S REALLY YOU! DUUUUUDE!

Wow - I was just showing my girlfriend old tapes of the Doppelgang from the 90s. Talk about the going full circle.

Kimmie'll prolly remember me. He wanted to do a Puma Man show for Cable Access and wanted someone who could do a convincing Kung Fu Master accent. That was me.

Ah, good times, good times.

http://www.dolari.net

9:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home